Well it's been awhile! Not long ago someone said to me.....gee, you haven't blogged in a while. Ummmmm......well no, I haven't. Believe it or not, I just plain forgot about it!! How embaressing to have menopause memory - a subject for another blog lol.
So what have we been up to since the last time I wrote? Oh, not much.......
- Got the house ready to sell (that plays with your head a bit)
- The Wild Child (aka Nick, now 17) quit work and came back home to return to school
- Sold the house (half an hour after it was officially on the market)
- Held three garage sales (never, never, never again!!)
- Made about 30 trips to the tip (that might be exaggerated, but it felt like it!!)
- Moved to the new place (did it on my own, one car load at a time)
- Spent a few weeks going back daily to the old place (it was shiny clean for the new owners)
- Weight loss (due to exhaustion!!)
- Went on a massive spending spree (which sounds like fun, but was a bit tiring actually lol)
- Had a minor meltdown (something I've grudgingly accepted I'm prone to)
- Settled into a new routine (due to us now living in Toowoomba, but work and school in Highfields)
- Completed two courses through the pharmacy (I'm now officially a cosmetic consultant there)
- Weight gain (due to medication.....NOT HAPPY JAN....ok, I'll admit it, it's probably also due to a renewed love of baking lol)
- Runaway Wild Child (well, I gave him no choice cos I expected an APOLOGY for something! He did return after a week)
- Little One (Jed....11 and a half now) going through some problems coping with all the changes
- Dad had open-heart surgery (he sailed through and is being cared for by his lady-friend, Mary)
Mmmmmm.....is that everything? Not sure really - that memory problem again......
But here I sit today in our unit, having just been to the Stitcher's Dream Day Out last weekend.....and surrounded by fabric, drawings and sewing notions.
I've so much to tell, so much to show everyone - it's hard to know where to start. I've made a list of subjects and will just start at the top and work my way through it. With working three days a week at the pharmacy and three days a week on design (I refuse to work seven days a week anymore....my Little One is just growing up too fast), I've decided that once a week blogging is for me. I know a lot of people blog every couple of days, but I'm on my own here. That's not a complaint or even an excuse, but I can only stretch myself so far when I have no support system behind me.
I'll leave you with a pic of some daisies in my garden.....Spring is such a beautiful time of the year.
It seems that we just can't help taking photos of flowers.....it's a feel good thing.
Ciao for now.....